If you want to enable automatic door locking when setting off on your Ford then I have written up the steps required from my own experience.
This is mostly so I can refer here in the future if I need to re-enable it.
Personally I find lists of steps better than a video where you have to go at the speed of the person making the video rather than quickly scanning down the list.
Tested on a UK spec vehicle. (MK 3 Focus & MK 7 Fiesta)
We all make our own choices. Make sure yours are the right ones for you
You will need
- ELM327 lead https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01F0GVBWY/ (or better a https://www.obdlink.com/ex/ lead offers more future support)
- Forscan software https://forscan.org/
- Laptop & charger – you do not want it to die mid flash!
- Optional: Car battery charger – battery needs to be 100% before performing the update
Make sure Forscan is installed, setup (not demo mode) and you have a license.
- Turn the vehicle ignition ON (do not start, foot off clutch)
- Connect to the vehicle, wait for all the modules to be read
- Click “configuration and programming” (6 down)
- Select “BCMii Central Configuration (main)”
- Click play (bottom left)
- Read and understand the warning
- Click “OK”
- Wait for the process to run, turn ignition off when requested
- Change “mode” from “normal” to “engineering 1” (top left)
- Make a backup of the current settings by clicking “Save” button (bottom toolbar)
- Select “Automatic locking by speed” from the list of options
- Click “edit selected” button (bottom toolbar)
- In the pop-up select “02 – Automatic Locking”, then confirm with the tick
- Click “Write” button (bottom toolbar)
- Confirm the pop-up with the tick
- Follow the prompt to turn the ignition back on
- Read and understand the warning again
- Click “OK”
- “Block(s) programmed successfully” should be displayed along with a message to cycle ignition. Do this then click “OK”
- Stop Forscan by clicking the stop button (bottom toolbar)
Clear DTC fault codes
Due to the way the update is processed and written to the car BCM you will get a number of fault codes shown. These can be cleared using Forscan
- Enter DTC
- Select Module with code
- At the bottom, 2nd from the left click “Reset DTC”, confirm “Yes” on pop-up
- Follow on screen instructions to cycle the ignition
First Time Setup
- Go to https://forscan.org/ download & install
- Once installed go to settings, uncheck “demo mode”
- Register on the Forscan.org forum
- Register for the 2 month free extended license http://forscan.org/forum/extlic.php
- Better yet, support the development buy a full license from download page https://forscan.org/download.html
- Follow the steps from the forum to copy the hardware id from your installed version of Forscan into the request on the Forscan forum extended license generator
- One you have the license import it and start forscan for the first time, follow the instructions given for the setup of switch positions on the ELM327 lead / odblink and the ignition
- Forscan will look at your vehicle and detect the settings, modules and any system faults.
- Once setup is complete you are free to perform your chosen update / modification